Carolyn Sugiyama Classen, a life long Democrat, was born & raised in the State of Hawaii, was a Legislative Aide for U.S. Senator Daniel K. Inouye on Capitol Hill, and practiced law for a while. In Tucson she worked as a tribal staff attorney for the Pascua Yaqui Tribe and was the Interim Executive Director of the now defunct Domestic Violence Commission. In 2008 she became a “My Tucson” guest columnist for the Tucson Citizen newspaper, then continued blogging for Tucsoncitizen.com for over four and a half years. Her blogsite was entitled “Carolyn’s Community” about community events and some political news, until Gannett Publishing shut down the site just recently on January 31, 2014. Part time she has been sitting as a Hearing Officer in Small Claims Court for almost 9 years. She is married to University of Arizona Distinguished Professor Albrecht Classen, a native of Germany.
- Neoliberalism Was Suppose to Make Us Richer: Three Reasons Why It Didn’t
- Trump Shocked: 'Nobody Knew That Healthcare Could Be So Complicated'
- Can't defeat progressive ballot measures? Arizona GOP has a new plan: Block them in the first place
- Az officials welcome Trump admin's reversal of transgender students rule
- Buckmaster Show 2/27/2017: Democrats begin rebuilding process
- Arizona may face another billion-dollar school lawsuit
- Roberts: Will our leaders really ban red light cameras?
- Are Vouchers Bad For Students Who Use Them?
- GOP's Plan To Take Down ProtestersBy Kelly Weill
- Tucson urging high court to overturn law penalizing cities
- Arizona Student Privacy Bill SB1314 Supported By Corporations, Not Parents
- Ducey, Other Governors Hope Feds Cede Power To States Under Trump
- Obamacare repeal could create funding gaps for Arizona, other states
- Dear Trump officials: Stop confusing Muslim Conservatism with Terrorism!
- Did White House interfere with FBI Probe of Russia Ties?
- Trump Spox Can't Guarantee ACA Replacement Won't Kick Millions Off Their Healthcare
- Father Of Slain SEAL Says Son Died For Trump To Make 'Grand Display': 'I Want An Investigation'
- Rick Santorum Claims 'Millions Of Americans' With Pre-existing Conditions Are Stealing Health Care
- White House Defends Priebus For Pushing FBI To Dispute Media Reports
- Top Senate Intel Dem: 'Grave Concerns' About Independence Of Russia Probe
CategoriesActivism Arizona Congressional Delegation Arizona Congressional Races Arizona State Legislature AZBlueMeanie Bob Lord Budgets Campaigns Carolyn Classen Civil Rights Commentary Community Congress Constitution Corruption Courts CPMAZ Craig McDermott David Safier Economics Education Election Integrity Elections Ethics GOP War On... Governor Gun Policies Healthcare Immigration International Justice Labor Legislation Lobbying Media Pamela Powers Hannley Party Politics Political Calendar President Primaries Racism Religion Scandals Taxes Tucson Uncategorized