Carolyn Sugiyama Classen, a life long Democrat, was born & raised in the State of Hawaii, was a Legislative Aide for U.S. Senator Daniel K. Inouye on Capitol Hill, and practiced law for a while. In Tucson she worked as a tribal staff attorney for the Pascua Yaqui Tribe and was the Interim Executive Director of the now defunct Domestic Violence Commission. In 2008 she became a “My Tucson” guest columnist for the Tucson Citizen newspaper, then continued blogging for Tucsoncitizen.com for over four and a half years. Her blogsite was entitled “Carolyn’s Community” about community events and some political news, until Gannett Publishing shut down the site just recently on January 31, 2014. Part time she has been sitting as a Hearing Officer in Small Claims Court since April, 2005. She is married to University of Arizona Distinguished Professor Albrecht Classen, a native of Germany.
- Schumer Applauds McCain’s ‘Courage’ In Opposing Graham-Cassidy Health Bill
- More like McCan't
- McCain says he will vote ‘no’ for GOP health-care bill, dealing major blow to repeal effort
- President Trump Ponders Changes to the Lethal Force Policy Constraints: What You Need to Know
- New healthcare reform bill: Relying on McCain is a fool’s errand
- "Republicans today control every branch of the federal government. And right now, they’re trying to..."
- GOP rival blasts Secretary of State Reagan over Trump commission's voter-data request
- McCain opposes newest GOP bid to repeal Obamacare
- We spent nine months reporting on the proposed border wall. Here's why.
- McCain Refuses To Support Graham-Cassidy
- Montini: McCain kicks butt, again, plans to vote against Graham-Cassidy
- Sen. John McCain will vote against Graham-Cassidy health-care bill
- McCain: "I Cannot in Good Conscience Vote for Graham-Cassidy"
- The Progressive Liberal’s Agenda
- Arizona would lose $1.7 billion under Graham-Cassidy, fully a third of its federal funding
- McCain 'cannot in good conscience' vote for Republican healthcare bill
- Trumpcare’s ‘Alaska Bribe’ has a big constitutional problem
- Sen. Jeff Flake Lives Up To Name, Insists States Wouldn't Cut Coverage
- Poll: only 24% of Americans approve of Graham-Cassidy
- How 2 state legislatures are quietly making America a better place
CategoriesActivism Arizona Congressional Delegation Arizona Congressional Races Arizona State Legislature AZBlueMeanie Bob Lord Budgets Campaigns Carolyn Classen Civil Rights Commentary Community Congress Constitution Corruption Courts CPMAZ Craig McDermott David Safier Economics Education Election Integrity Elections Ethics GOP War On... Governor Gun Policies Healthcare Immigration International Justice Labor Law Enforcement Legislation Lobbying Media Pamela Powers Hannley Party Politics Political Calendar President Primaries Racism Scandals Taxes Tucson Uncategorized