- The Madness Of Donald Trump
- Ducey defends support of Graham-Cassidy
- Insurers Come Out Swinging Against New Republican Health Care Bill
- A gay Sweedish antifascist spent a year undercover with white supremacists. Here’s what he found.
- How GOP plans to repeal Health Care will blight millions of Lives
- A new study debunks one of the biggest arguments against basic income
- This report tells us why Trump is so afraid of Robert Mueller’s investigation
- "Sovereignty" and a world-wide rush toward Putin-ism
- Democrats Ask FEC To Create New Rules To Keep Foreign Influence Off Social Media Ads
- The disastrous impact of the GOP's Obamacare repeal plan, in three devastating charts
- The GOP’s Identity Crisis Has Overtaken Arizona’s Senate Race
- The Wild, Conservative West
- Arizona charter school operators are funneling tax dollars into their own pockets
- Buckmaster Show 9/20/2017: Lessons from an epic hurricane season
- Buckmaster Show 9/19/2017: Will the Fed raise interest rates?
- Arizona State University President Michael Crow sits down with azcentral.com
- Arizona hospitals, doctors concerned about health-care reform bill that Ducey has endorsed
- LGBT Couple’s Co-Parenting Rights Upheld By Arizona Supreme Court
- Looking at Tucson Unified's AzMERIT Scores: Another Approach
- New TV Ad Asks McCain To Stop Latest GOP Healthcare Disaster
CategoriesActivism Arizona Congressional Races Arizona State Legislature AZBlueMeanie Bob Lord Budgets Campaigns Carolyn Classen Civil Rights Commentary Community Congress Constitution Corruption Courts CPMAZ Craig McDermott David Safier Economics Education Election Integrity Elections Ethics GOP War On... Governor Gun Policies Healthcare Immigration International Justice Labor Law Enforcement Legislation Lobbying Media Pamela Powers Hannley Party Politics Political Calendar President Primaries Racism Religion Scandals Taxes Tucson Uncategorized
Category Archives: Uncategorized
AZPM PBS 6 Metro Week Show on Aug. 4, 2017 interviewed the 3 Democrats running for Ward 3, and 2 Green Party candidates running for Ward 6 in the City of Tucson Council elections. The 3 Democrats are Felicia Chew, Paul Durham, Tom Tronsdal. The 2 Greens are Mike Cease and Michael Oatman. More info on the candidates here: http://blogforarizona.net/council-candidates-for-city-of-tucson-primary-election/
The winner in the Ward 3 Dem primary faces off with Independent Gary Watson in the General Election on Nov. 7, 2017.
The winner in the Ward 6 GP primary faces off with incumbent 2 term Councilman Steve Kozachik, a Democrat and a Republican challenger Mariano Rodriguez.
View the 1/2 hour AZPM TV show here: https://tv.azpm.org/metroweek/. This show airs at 6:30 p.m. tonight on PBS Channel 6. Early ballots go out on August 9, 2017.
Vote wisely on or before August 29, 2017.
We know from his public outbursts that Donald Trump doesn’t want Robert Mueller looking at his tax returns, but what information does he not what want Mueller to see?
My guess is it’s not just the information on Trump’s personal returns that worrying him. From my own experience as a tax professional, those returns, on their face, are unlikely to contain damning information. The information on a personal tax return isn’t specific enough. Yes, Trump’s tax returns will have many more pages than those of the average taxpayer, but the pages themselves largely will be a lot of numbers. The returns are unlikely to show, for example, who Trump’s lenders are, who his business partners are, who purchased property from him, and other facts that would indicate shady financial dealings.
They will, however, contain the names of some of the business entities in which Trump owns an interest. By itself, that’s not much. But Trump’s tax returns are not where Mueller’s investigatory powers end. It’s barely where they start. Continue reading
…And when the radical priest
Come to get me released
We was all on the cover of Newsweek
Paul Simon, in Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard
Okay, okay, it’s not quite on the cover of Newsweek, but my opinion piece, which I think is my best product ever, just went up at Newsweek.com:
I can’t re-post it here, but if you would click through and give it a read, I’d really appreciate it.
Cross-posted from RestoreReason.com.
This past weekend in Brooklyn, I had the opportunity to spend some time with Diane Ravitch and many other heroes of public education. We were gathered for a Network for Public Education (NPE) project that left me buoyed about the future of public education. For those who might not know, the NPE is a national grassroots public education advocacy group founded by Diane Ravitch and Anthony Cody. I won’t go into the details of the project, but here’s an NPE notice about it.
It was to say the least, an amazing experience! I heard Texas Superintendent John Kuhn speak eloquently about how “education malpractice doesn’t start in the schoolhouse, it starts in the statehouse.” I had first heard of John Kuhn when he gained national prominence by speaking at the Save Texas Schools Rally in 2011. I was excited to meet John and he didn’t disappoint. He is incredibly articulate and passionate and as a dedicated education professional, knows of what he speaks firsthand. During his session, he brilliantly made the point that “naming and shaming teachers, while shielding legislators” to fulfill their responsibility to our children is unconscionable. Or as he later asked in another way, why is it that we use a microscope to analyze outcomes of our public schools, but wear a blindfold to look at the input?” Of course this was a rhetorical question, John knows it’s because we can’t stand the answer. Continue reading
I stole the title from a friend’s Facebook post. I doubt he’ll mind.
He and I had the identical reaction to Trump’s speech to CPAC on Friday, in which Trump declared that America is about to undergo the greatest military buildup in history. Military buildups have one and only one purpose: going to war. That’s especially true when the nation embarking on the buildup already has the largest and most advanced military in the world, with most of the world’s other large fighting forces aligned with its own.
Worse yet, Trump, who expressed puzzlement at America’s no first strike policy regarding nuclear weapons, has promised a buildup in nuclear weaponry as well.
The only real questions are who and when. Iran? China? Mexico?
These are, as the saying goes, “interesting times.”
And we’re living in them.