ARIZONA FAITH LEADERS CALL ON U.S SENATORS FLAKE AND MCCAIN TO PUT PUBLIC HEALTH FIRST IN THE FACE OF CLIMATE CHANGE
(Phoenix, Arizona) — On Tuesday, November 14 at 10:00am, Arizona Interfaith Power and Light and Arizona Faith Network are hosting a press conference with faith leaders from across the state. They will call on U.S. Senators Jeff Flake and John McCain to understand their moral obligation to protect Arizonans’ public health in the face of climate change, and to oppose the Trump administration’s dirty energy agenda.
The tragic impacts of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, as well as the wildfires across the West, underscore the need for climate action. However, Senators Flake and McCain continue to support the Trump administration’s policies that endanger public health, including applauding the recent decision to rollback of the Clean Power Plan. The speakers will underscore there is a need for a moral response to climate change, while promoting renewable energy, energy efficiency and conservation.
· Pastor Doug Bland, Executive Director, Arizona Interfaith Power and Light
· Rabbi Bonnie Sharfman, Congregation Kehillah
· Imam Didmar Faja, United Islamic Center Of Arizona
· Patti Sills-Trausch, Director of Faith in Action Ministry, Franciscan Renewal Center
· Reverend Stephen “Steve” Keplinger, Grace St. Paul’s Episcopal Church (Tucson)
· Sarah King, Chair, Earth Care Commission, Arizona Faith Network (Flagstaff)
Trinity Episcopal Cathedral
100 W. Roosevelt Street
Phoenix, AZ 85003
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
10:00 AM-10:45 AM