Wilbur the Wildcat and President Trump? Now this is a show not to miss. Tickets $15 at www.rialtotheatre.com (318 E. Congress St.), benefits good folks in town.
- Oxfam: The 1% grabbed 82% of all wealth created in 2017
- Scoop: Jeff Sessions urged FBI boss to make a "fresh start"
- Opinion | They Were Bad. He May Be Worse.
- Arizona ranks in bottom fifth for education in new study
- No, 'nearly 3 in 4' convicted of terrorism aren't foreign-born
- Montini: Lawmaker spews discrimination ignorance
- Graham blames Stephen Miller for immigration impasse
- Trump campaign ad says Democrats are “complicit” in murders committed by undocumented immigrants
- Trump Sets Records for Seating Federal Judges
- Racist authoritarians insisted that ending stop-and-frisk would increase violent crime, but the opposite just happened
- Arizona government employees brace for working without a paycheck amid government shutdown
- Martha McSally's Senate campaign: Rated R for language
- McCain: Incapable of doing job, lacks grace to retire
- Women's March in Arizona: Women of color ready to march
- Women's March in Arizona: Thousands take to streets for diverse causes
- Increased Border Security Is Why So Many 'Dreamers' Are Here In the First Place
- Women's March in Arizona: At least 20,000 rally in Phoenix
- Las Vegas Women's March 2018 draws thousands to Sunday event
- 2018 Women's March in Phoenix: Huge turnout marks anniversary downtown
- Grand Canyon partly open, blunting biggest hit of gov't shutdown
Community EventsJan22Mon1:00 pm Operation Streamline Observation... @ US District CourtOperation Streamline Observation... @ US District CourtJan 22 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm“Operation Streamline Observation. Meet in the lobby of the U.S. District Court Building at 405 W. Congress St., at the SW corner of Congress and Alameda. The Northwest unit invites all League of Women Voters members to view Operation Streamline. … Continue reading →Jan23Tue8:30 am BCA Breakfast & the Border: Issu... @ Canoa Ranch Golf Resort, Green ValleyBCA Breakfast & the Border: Issu... @ Canoa Ranch Golf Resort, Green ValleyJan 23 @ 8:30 am – 10:00 am“Chris Teal is a career diplomat with US State Department, most recently serving as Consul General at the US Consulate in Nogales, Mexico. Previously he was served posts in Sri Lanka, Peru, the Dominican Republic and Guadalajara, Mexico. Currently on … Continue reading →4:00 pm Warrant Resolution Night Court @ Pima County Justice CourtWarrant Resolution Night Court @ Pima County Justice CourtJan 23 @ 4:00 pm – 7:00 pmResolve your active warrants between 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Available Services: – Quash your warrant – Create a payment plan – Reinstate your driver’s license – Schedule a new court date For more information, please call Pima County Justice … Continue reading →7:30 pm “Backpack Full of Cash” film abo... @ Loft Cinema“Backpack Full of Cash” film abo... @ Loft CinemaJan 23 @ 7:30 pm – 9:30 pmBackpack Full of Cash TUESDAY, JANUARY 23 AT 7:30PM | REGULAR ADMISSION PRICES Featuring a post-film panel discussion with local experts, details TBA! Thanks to our community partners for this screening: Voices for Education and Save Our Schools Arizona. … Continue reading →Jan24Wed5:30 pm Sustainable Living Forum: Tucson... @ Delectables Catering & VenueSustainable Living Forum: Tucson... @ Delectables Catering & VenueJan 24 @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pmOur monthly Sustainable Living Forum brings experts to talk about, and discuss, topics in sustainable living. Hosted by Mrs. Green’s World This month’s topic: Tucson’s Water: What’s Up? Candice Rupprecht, City of Tucson, Arizona Tucson Water Watershed Management Group Bring … Continue reading →6:30 pm PDA Community Meeting @ Ward 6 Council officePDA Community Meeting @ Ward 6 Council officeJan 24 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm“Dan Millis, Sierra Club Borderlands expert and, Wendsler Nosie, Native American Activist and Apache Stronghold leader will address environmental issues that will impact 2018 Congressional races. From the Border to Oak Flat, there is much to learn.” https://www.facebook.com/events/1995415964052186/Share this:FacebookTwitterMoreEmailTumblrPrintPocketRedditLinkedInGooglePinterestJan25Thu5:00 pm 3 Reasons to Celebrate @ Tucson Electric Power3 Reasons to Celebrate @ Tucson Electric PowerJan 25 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pmHosted by Step Up to Justice “Please join us on January 25, 2018 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm as we celebrate a few important milestones: The careers of Arizona Supreme Court Justices Stanley Feldman and Thomas Zlaket and the first … Continue reading →7:00 pm Social Justice Parenting @ Loft CinemaSocial Justice Parenting @ Loft CinemaJan 25 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm“Ben’s Bells Project presents Kindness A to Z: an Arizona Speaker Series Social Justice Parenting: Teaching Kindness as Acts of Radical Change with Mako Fitts Ward Ben’s Bells 2017-2018 Speaker Series highlights influential Arizona speakers who are helping to build … Continue reading →Jan26Fri5:00 pm Truth Seeking & Freedom of Expre... @ ASU Student PavilionTruth Seeking & Freedom of Expre... @ ASU Student PavilionJan 26 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm“Robert P. George and Cornel West will join the School of Civic and Economic Thought and Leadership at Arizona State University to discuss the importance of open dialogue in pursuit of civil discussion and the serious and respectful exchange of … Continue reading →Jan27Sat10:00 am Tucson NOW letter writing event ... @ Crave Coffee BarTucson NOW letter writing event ... @ Crave Coffee BarJan 27 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pmJoin Tucson NOW’s Constitutional Equality Committee to demand that our state legislature vote on the ERA in 2018! Let’s get the ERA RATIFIED! When: Saturday, January 27th from 10 am – 12n Where: Crave Coffee Bar 4530 E. Broadway (in … Continue reading →
CategoriesActivism Arizona Congressional Delegation Arizona Congressional Races Arizona State Legislature AZBlueMeanie Bob Lord Budgets Campaigns Carolyn Classen Civil Rights Commentary Community Congress Constitution Corruption Courts CPMAZ Craig McDermott David Safier Economics Education Election Integrity Elections Ethics GOP War On... Governor Gun Policies Healthcare Immigration International Justice Labor Law Enforcement Legislation Lobbying Media Pamela Powers Hannley Party Politics Political Calendar President Primaries Racism Scandals Taxes Tucson Uncategorized