My UA professor husband Albrecht Classen has given similar talks all over Tucson, but this time he will be emphasizing the words and perspective of the German speaking Jesuits, who followed Padre Eusebio Kino to Sonora.
- The Economy Is Soaring, And Now So Is The Deficit. That’s A Bad Combination.
- When Prohibition Works
- The Case Against Sheriffs
- Trump's Inaugural Committee Paid $26 Million To Firm Of First Lady's Adviser
- Shot in the Dark provides outreach in Phoenix area
- Cindy McCain accepts award for Sen. John McCain at Munich Security Conference
- Ex-GOP lawmaker: Vote Republicans out of office if you want mass shootings stopped
- Tweet from Martha McSally
- There’s a Pretty Good Chance President Trump Is Being Blackmailed
- Mueller Indictment: Russian Trolls Stole Real US Identities To Fool Facebook
- Mueller Indictment Shows Russia's Internet Research Agency Inner Workings
- Mueller’s new indictments put the pressure on Trump to act
- Trump administration assault on bipartisan immigration plan ensured its demise
- Mitt Romney Announces Senate Run
- Document: Richard Pinedo Plea Agreement, Criminal Information and Statement of Offense
- Document: Special Counsel Indicts Russian Nationals and Entities
- Mueller’s Indictment of Russian Hackers Highlights the Stakes of the Microsoft Case
- CD 2 Democratic candidates to debate
- Buckmaster Show 2/16/2018: Should Rio Nuevo be reauthorized?
- Voting Rights Roundup: GOP plots to destroy Arizona's independent redistricting commission yet again
Community EventsFeb18Sun1:00 pm LD 9 House candidate JP Martin c...LD 9 House candidate JP Martin c...Feb 18 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pmHosted by JP Martin for Arizona House Please join JP Martin’s friends and family as he launches his campaign for State Representative in Legislative District 9. RSVP for Location to Jen Wong — Jen@MartinforArizona.com Suggested contribution: $20 Young Professional, … Continue reading →2:00 pm Civics 101 with Indivisible Sout... @ Miller-Golf Links branch libraryCivics 101 with Indivisible Sout... @ Miller-Golf Links branch libraryFeb 18 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pmHosted by Indivisible Southern Arizona: Justice Alliance “It’s been a long time for most of us since our last civics lesson. We invite you to join us for a non-partisan, embarrassment-free opportunity to reacquaint yourself with the basic structures of … Continue reading →3:00 pm AAPI Dems 2018 Election Kickoff ... @ Island Plate LunchAAPI Dems 2018 Election Kickoff ... @ Island Plate LunchFeb 18 @ 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm“Join the AZ Asian American Pacific Islander Democratic Caucus to kick off the 2018 Election Season in conjunction with the start of the Lunar New Year. Enjoy delicious food, meet local Democratic candidates and learn about important issues. Visit the … Continue reading →5:00 pm Black P*ssy Power: Reclaiming Ou... @ La Cocina RestaurantBlack P*ssy Power: Reclaiming Ou... @ La Cocina RestaurantFeb 18 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm“Join BLM Tucson & the Tucson Second Chance Community Bail Fund as we celebrate Black History Month by laying bare the undeniable power and resilience of black women. Black P*ssy Power will be an evening of stories and live performances … Continue reading →Feb19Mon3:30 pm Community Volunteer Fair @ Historic YCommunity Volunteer Fair @ Historic YFeb 19 @ 3:30 pm – 6:00 pmJoin social and environmental activists, curious Tucsonans looking to make connections with other members of their community and others frustrated by the current political climate who are looking for ways to get involved and make a difference. Find … Continue reading →7:00 pm Not My President’s Day Anti-Trum... @ The Scoundrel & Scamp TheatreNot My President’s Day Anti-Trum... @ The Scoundrel & Scamp TheatreFeb 19 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm“Join us for a free staged reading of “The Real Machiavelli” by award-winning playwright Monica Bauer! A play about the love of power and the power of love, with a feminist twist!” https://www.facebook.com/events/170302353588163/Share this:FacebookTwitterMoreEmailTumblrPrintPocketRedditLinkedInGooglePinterestFeb20Tue6:00 pm “The Long Shadow” film screening @ ASU Art Building North“The Long Shadow” film screening @ ASU Art Building NorthFeb 20 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm“Of all the divisions in America, none is as insidious and tenacious as racism. In this powerful documentary, director Frances Causey investigates the roots of our current racial conflicts. Causey and Long Shadow producer Sally Holst, both daughters of the … Continue reading →6:30 pm “A Discussion on Climate Change”... @ IBEW Hall“A Discussion on Climate Change”... @ IBEW HallFeb 20 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmTAGG presents . . . A Discussion on Climate Change & a Look at a Bipartisan Climate Solution We are excited to present an evening about Climate Science and Solutions. Climate affects agricultural production, infectious disease, air quality, safe drinking … Continue reading →6:30 pm Arizona Talks: The Superintenden... @ Banner Church, ScottsdaleArizona Talks: The Superintenden... @ Banner Church, ScottsdaleFeb 20 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm“Arizona Talks continues its Education talks series with a conversation on The Superintendent of Public Instruction in Arizona. Our forum is on Tuesday February 20th at 6:30PM in Old Town Scottsdale. The short forum is titled, “The Superintendent’s Role in … Continue reading →Feb21Wed6:00 pm Drinking Liberally Tucson @ ErmanosDrinking Liberally Tucson @ ErmanosFeb 21 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pmThird Wednesday of each month, 6:00 p.m.: Drinking Liberally returns to Tucson, at Ermanos Back Room, 220 N. 4th Avenue, Tucson. We need to know by the morning of each meeting approximately how many folks will attend. Please RSVP to … Continue reading →
CategoriesActivism Arizona Congressional Delegation Arizona Congressional Races Arizona State Legislature AZBlueMeanie Bob Lord Budgets Campaigns Carolyn Classen Civil Rights Commentary Community Congress Constitution Corruption Courts CPMAZ Craig McDermott David Safier Economics Education Election Integrity Elections Ethics GOP War On... Governor Gun Policies Healthcare Immigration International Justice Labor Law Enforcement Legislation Lobbying Media Pamela Powers Hannley Party Politics Political Calendar President Primaries Racism Scandals Taxes Tucson Uncategorized