Do Happy Today Partners Weekend, March 18 and 19
- 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., March 18: Tucson Habitat for Humanity Do Happy Today “Rainbow Build” at Copper Vista II, 5761 S. Copper Plate Drive. To volunteer, contact Joseph Howell at 520.260.9959 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., March 18: DHT at Rillito Bend Neighborhood and Tucson Valley of the Moon Home/Garden Art Tour and Live Happy Wall, 2544 E. Allen Road. Bring your Walkabout Talkabout Book. Free download atwww.communityrenaissance.biz .
- March 18-20: 10:30 a.m., March 18: Storytime on Happiness at Himmel Park Branch, Pima County Public Library, 1035 N. Treat Ave. March 18-20:People can fill out a blank flower-shaped paper available at the library’s information desk and answer “What makes me happy?” or “How do I share happiness?” (520.594.5305 or www.library.pima.gov/himmel)
- 10 a.m.-2:00 p.m., March 18: Celebrate Historic South Park Community at Park Ave. Between 27th Street and 31st Street. Family activities, food, music and more. Contact Glenn Davis (520) 870-8109.
- 4 to 6 p.m., March 19: Limberlost Neighborhood Association Community Fair, Limberlost Park, 4255 N 4th Ave. Café 54 Food Truck (invited), Live Happy Wall, Architectural Design Display for City of Tucson first feng shui well-being path, Limberlost Little Free Library and info from various community groups. Bring your Walkabout Talkabout Book. Free download atwww.communityrenaissance.biz/happyu. City of Tucson’s Do Happy TodayProclamation will be featured at the event.
Posted in Carolyn Classen, Commentary, Tucson
Tagged Community Renaissance, Do Happy Today, happiness, Happiness Alliance, Happy Walls, International Day of Happiness, Jonathan Rothschild, Limberlost Neighborhood Association Community Fair, Live Happy Magazine
Sunday, March 20, 2016, from 1 to 3:30 p.m., hosted by Do Happy Today.
Limberlost Family Park (aka Don Hummel Park) is at 4255 N. 4th Ave./400 E. Limberlost Drive, between Stone Ave. and 1st Ave.
“Enjoy free fun for all ages, food and celebrate happiness, health and well-being for our 2nd year as part of the International Day of Happiness. Vice Mayor Karin Uhlich will read the City’s Proclamation at 2:00 p.m. and, throughout the event, you will experience the future vision (new Fengshui-designed walking path and Little Free Library) of an improved family and neighborhood park.”
March 20, 2015
Jacome Plaza, 11:45 a.m., City of Tucson Mayor Rothschild’s Proclamation for International Day of Happiness and Community Luncheon.
Info from: http://dohappytoday.com/index.html
Lunch can be purchased from Truck54, 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Free Public Entertainment 1:00-1:30 p.m. by HOPE’s Melody of Life Choir, Dancing in the Streets and The Napskippers.
Free All-ages Workshops in the Children’s Meeting Room, Joel D. Valdez Library, 101 N. Stone Ave. (outside is Jacome Plaza)
- Julie Originals Crafts @ 1:30
- Poster coloring with David Kish @ 1:30-4:00 in library lobby
- DITS Ballet with Joey @ 2:00
- Animal Balloons with Cheri @ 2:30
- Laughter Yoga with Loti and Jana @ 3:00
- Feng Shui with Kevin @ 3:30
- Maker House/Happy Cafe @ 5:00 p.m. to late