Saturday, August 26, 3:00 p.m.: Arizona Celebrates the 19th Amendment, at North High School, 1101 E. Thomas Road, Phoenix. The program this year will feature Jessica Neuwirth, President of ERA Coalition and author of “Equal Means Equal.” In addition, Dr. Karon Jolna, program director and editor of Ms. in the Classroom Ms. Magazine, will be speaking. There will also be networking, music by African Rhythm, tabling, a dessert reception and women currently holding and running for political office. For more information please see their Facebook page and you can RSVP through Eventbrite.”
- KEYNOTE speaker: JESSICA NEUWIRTH, President of the ERA Coalition, an organization working to support passage and ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment. She is one of the founders of Equality Now, an international human rights organization aiming to end violence and discrimination against women. She is also the author of EQUAL MEANS EQUAL: Why The Time For An Equal Rights Amendment Is Now.
- Dr. Karon Jolna, Program Director & Editor of Ms. in the Classroom for Ms. Magazine, and Feminist Majority Foundation
- Sara Bradshaw, West Coast Political Director for Feminist Majority Foundation, trailblazing feminist leader, organizer and educator. Most recently Sara led FMF’s Equal Rights Amendment Walks in Los Angeles and Palo Alto, as well as organizing for the Nevada ERA. Sara also leads the Feminist Majority Foundation’s current End Child Marriage campaign.
- Once again, we are delighted to have Kim Covington, Senior Director of Community Initiatives for the Arizona Community Foundation, and former 12News Anchor, as our Emcee for the afternoon.
- Parade of Runners: Women currently running for office and incumbent elected officials
- Dessert reception
- Music by African Rhythm
- Networking, sponsored tabling, voter registration
- 2:00 PM: Registration begins (cafeteria)
- 3:00 PM: Program begins (auditorium)
- Dessert reception immediately following the program (cafeteria)
General admission: $10 in advance, $15 day of the event (kids under 12 free).CASH ONLY. Donations are also accepted through Eventbrite ticketing.