Purchase tickets now for this special event including speakers, live music, science demonstrations, exhibitors, panel discussions, local food and engaging kids activities.VIP tickets are $32 and include VIP Calexico concert seating and a Biosphere 2 Annual Pass. General admission tickets are also available.
Enjoy hands-on activities designed to engage and educate your family.
From open air ladybug releases and scuba diving demonstrations to a stroll on the beach with thousands of hermit crabs, Earth Day at Biosphere 2 will delight your family with an up-close look at the natural systems that guide life on our planet.
Get a taste of the future of food in our world city of gastronomy.
Biosphere 2 will officially honor Tucson as the first city in the U.S. to be recognized by UNESCO as a World City of Gastronomy by highlighting local chefs, growers, producers, distillers, ranchers, innovators and food advocates in the main tent on the Biosphere 2 lawn.
Gain up-to-the-minute insights on global issues from leading scientists.
Engage in our series of moderated panel discussions on topics critical to the future of life on our planet: Earth, Energy, Water and Food. A keynote speaker will introduce the panels where scientists from across the nation will participate in this main-tent event.
Chill out at the end of Earth Day with a sunset concert by Calexico.
The acclaimed band Calexico has crossed musical barriers, embracing a multitude of styles, variety in instrumentation, and well cultivated signature sounds. Join us for this special performance!
This Earth Day, come and explore the world’s largest earth science lab and find out why Time Life Books named Biosphere 2 a must-see wonder of the world.
Tickets $10 to $32, with general admission $24.
Activities Scheduled for Earth Day
- 9AM to 6PM: Earth Day Exhibitors booths and presentation on the lawn
- 10AM to 12:30PM: Presentations on The Future of Food speakers and demonstrations under the tent
- 10AM to 2PM: Performances by Mark Freshwater location to be determined
- 10:30AM to 2PM: Live Scuba Diving Demonstrations at the Biosphere 2 Ocean
- 10:30AM to 4PM: Hermit Crab Releases every half-hour at the Biosphere 2 Ocean
- 12:30PM to 2PM: What If? Presentations at the start of every guided tour in the Lower Habitat
- 1PM to 4PM: Panel Discussions on Earth, Food, Energy and Water including keynote address under the tent
- 4PM to 4:30PM: Civic Farms Vertical Farm Groundbreaking West Lung
- 4:30PM to 6PM: Live Music special live show by Calexico on the lawn