801 North 2nd Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85003
Please save the date for January 10, 2015 for the first annual EQ AZ Equality and Justice Conference.
Travel scholarships are available for those interested in attending from outside of Maricopa County. To find out more, email email@example.com with your name, address and preferred details for travel.
The day is packed with informative speakers who will help participants effectively advocate in their communities for equality and justice.
The keynote speakers are Dr. Kevin Patterson and Dr. David Patterson, Super Dads and Plaintiffs in the recent lawsuit that resulted in the ban on same-sex marriages being lifted.They will share their story of family and advocacy.
Our featured sessions include:
- Advocacy – Kelley Dupps, Training Director, HERO
- Using Personal Stories to Motivate People into Action – Stan Williams, Arizona Organizing Director, Enroll America
- Social Media as an Advocacy Tool – Robbie Sherwood, Executive Director, ProgressNow Arizona
- EEO Laws – The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission – Mary Jo O’Neill, Regional Attorney, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- How to Herd a Pride of Lions: Unique Challenges of Transgender Community Organizing – Abby Louise Jensen, Vice President, Executive Committee member, Southern Arizona Gender Alliance and C. Michael Woodward, MPH Treasurer, Executive Committee, Southern Arizona Gender Alliance
- Self-Care: Unlocking the Key to Effective Personal and Community Advocacy Work – Heal Your Life – Chris Tompkins, Coach, Teacher, ARoadTripToLove.com
- Policy and Legislative Trends and Changes – Angela Hughey, President, One COMMUNITY, Sheila Kloefkorn, HRC National Board of Directors Member, Bill Hardin, Attorney at Law, Osborn Maledon and Bettina Nava, Partner, First Strategic