Lee D. Lambert has been Chancellor of Pima Community College since July 1, 2013. He will speak on current issues facing PCC.
His bio below:
Chancellor Lambert formerly served on the Board of Directors of the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) and in 2013-14 he served on AACC’s Executive Committee. He is a former chair of AACC’s Committee on Program Initiatives and Workforce Training.
- Former board chair of the National Coalition of Certification Centers; received the group’s Founders Award for Vision and Leadership, July 2014
- Named to the Executive Committee of the Arizona Manufacturing Partnership, April 2014
- Founding member of the Manufacturing Institute Education Council
- Member of the Founders Circle and Board of Directors of Sun Corridor Inc., formerly Tucson Regional Economic Development (TREO)
- Steering Committee member, Southwest Transportation Workforce Center
- Has been asked by the governments of China and India to speak to educators in those countries about the critical role community colleges can play in educating and training the workforce of the 21st century.
- Keynote presenter for the AACC delegation at the World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics World Congress in Beijing, October 2014
- Received national leadership award from Asian Pacific Americans in Higher Education “in recognition of your leadership in the field of higher education and your contributions to the API community,” April 2015
Previous higher education experience
- June 2006-June 2013: President, Shoreline Community College in Shoreline, Wash., outside Seattle. Also served as Interim President at Shoreline
- January 2005-June 2006: Vice President for Human Resources and Legal Affairs, Shoreline Community College.
- Previous: Vice President for Human Resources and Legal Affairs at Centralia College in Centralia, Wash., and served as Special Assistant to the President for Civil Rights and Legal Affairs at The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash.
- Juris Doctor degree, Seattle University School of Law
- Bachelor degree in Liberal Arts, The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash.
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Has taught courses on Law, Civil Rights and Social Justice, and Employment Law at The Evergreen State College.
Other recent awards, appointments
- Received award from Arizona’s chapter of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) for service to the College’s student-veterans, May 2015
- Recognized by League of United Latin American Citizens Council 1057 at the group’s annual Educators Awards & Scholarship Banquet, April 2015
- Named Man of the Year by the Pan Asian Community Alliance in Tucson, February 2015
- Board member, National Asian Pacific Islanders Council
- Advisory Board member, Southern Arizona Council for International Visitors
A U.S. Army veteran, Chancellor Lambert was born in Seoul, South Korea, grew up on three continents, and graduated from high school in the Olympia, Wash. area.