I have published the audio file from the Saturday, March 24 forum for GOP candidates running for Congress in Tucson’s CD2. Click here to listen to it.
The recording starts with a question about school gun violence, with candidate Lea Marquez Peterson finishing a sentence and some static. The next voice is Danny Morales (he has a high voice) saying he is a certified peace officer. Next is Brandon Martin (with the lower male voice) talking about the Constitution. The second female voice is Marilyn Wiles talking about better enforcement of gun laws.
To read the written report, click Fear Dominates Secret Tucson GOP CD 2 Congressional Candidate Forum.
The questions posed to each candidate were:
- What is your position on “chain migration” and have you always felt this way?
- How do you expect to represent Arizona without becoming a part of the establishment?
- Since we live on the border describe your position on stopping illegal immigration and are you in favor of a border wall?
- Given the recent successes Democratic candidates in special elections across the country, why do you think you can defeat the Democratic candidate in this race?
- What form of government is the US? What is a republic?
- What is your position on DACA and your solution for Dreamers?
- How would you rejuvenate our economy here in Southern Arizona without increasing government jobs?
- If negotiations fail, would you support a pre-emptive strike on North Korea and Iran?
- The Air Force recently narrowed the list to four bases for the next F-35 Wing, with Davis Monthan being one of the four. Are you for F-35s at DM?
- Would you join the House Freedom Caucus and who in the House would you enjoy working with?
- Would you introduce a bill to change Congressional benefits and insurance and withhold payroll payments without a balanced budget?
- Have you ever used illegal narcotics, marijuana or cocaine?
- Are you taking out of state contributions and from who?
- What changes would you suggest be made to the census? Should we declare if you are a citizen or not?
- Given the current political uncertainty, please give a few examples of your topics and your approach to a divided executive versus legislative government, versus the current one-party majority that we have now that may exist after your swearing-in. (The question was thrown out as unintelligible.)
- Do you support term limits?
- If President Trump fires the special counsel, would you support him or do you view this as an impeachable offense?