Today is an important day for Arizona’s children and educators.
Across the state, 50 public school districts are holding either bond, override, or maintenance and operation override elections.
If these districts prevail in their requests at the ballot box, schools, depending on the need, will be able to:
- Build new schools or classrooms and renovate existing ones.
- Purchase new technologies or upgrade existing technological infrastructures.
- Improve the safety features of schools.
- Obtain new busses.
- Reduce class sizes by hiring more teachers.
- Increase teacher salaries.
- Recruit more counselors.
- Fund full-day kindergarten.
A child’s growth and a state’s forward direction will not move as well if these school funding measures are not approved.
If you have not submitted a mail-in ballot, please remember to vote today and support the children and public schools in the area.
Featured Image from Cartwright Elementary.