President Ashraf Ghani of Afghanistan was considered to be one of the world’s leading experts in the art of fixing failed states before he became the country’s president. In office since 2014, he is confronted by a large number of intertwined political, security and economic problems. His Afghan government is troubled by a low level of revenue collection, a high level of corruption and a dismal job creation record. The country’s overall literacy rate is about 38%. Afghanistan is a poor country, it has a per capita GDP of $2,000. The Taliban movement is resurgent. It is a severe challenge to the government’s control of territory, economic development and the population’s security.
- The Madness Of Donald Trump
- Ducey defends support of Graham-Cassidy
- Insurers Come Out Swinging Against New Republican Health Care Bill
- A gay Sweedish antifascist spent a year undercover with white supremacists. Here’s what he found.
- How GOP plans to repeal Health Care will blight millions of Lives
- A new study debunks one of the biggest arguments against basic income
- This report tells us why Trump is so afraid of Robert Mueller’s investigation
- "Sovereignty" and a world-wide rush toward Putin-ism
- Democrats Ask FEC To Create New Rules To Keep Foreign Influence Off Social Media Ads
- The disastrous impact of the GOP's Obamacare repeal plan, in three devastating charts
- The GOP’s Identity Crisis Has Overtaken Arizona’s Senate Race
- The Wild, Conservative West
- Arizona charter school operators are funneling tax dollars into their own pockets
- Buckmaster Show 9/20/2017: Lessons from an epic hurricane season
- Buckmaster Show 9/19/2017: Will the Fed raise interest rates?
- Arizona State University President Michael Crow sits down with azcentral.com
- Arizona hospitals, doctors concerned about health-care reform bill that Ducey has endorsed
- LGBT Couple’s Co-Parenting Rights Upheld By Arizona Supreme Court
- Looking at Tucson Unified's AzMERIT Scores: Another Approach
- New TV Ad Asks McCain To Stop Latest GOP Healthcare Disaster
CategoriesActivism Arizona Congressional Races Arizona State Legislature AZBlueMeanie Bob Lord Budgets Campaigns Carolyn Classen Civil Rights Commentary Community Congress Constitution Corruption Courts CPMAZ Craig McDermott David Safier Economics Education Election Integrity Elections Ethics GOP War On... Governor Gun Policies Healthcare Immigration International Justice Labor Law Enforcement Legislation Lobbying Media Pamela Powers Hannley Party Politics Political Calendar President Primaries Racism Religion Scandals Taxes Tucson Uncategorized