- Extreme Heat Waves Will Change How We Live. We’re Not Ready
- A Declaration of Urban Independence
- Gun Owners Are Outraged By The Philando Castile Case. The NRA Is Silent.
- Trump's Plan To Put Solar Panels On The Border Wall Is Technically Possible, But 'Stupid And Pointless,' Solar Experts Say
- Where are all the missing leftist voters?
- America’s Special Ops Perpetual World War
- Hot enough for you? It's likely to get worse. Much worse.
- Week 32: Experts in authoritarianism advise to keep a list of things subtly changing around you, so…
- The Biggest Wealth Transfer from Average Americans to the Rich, When the Rich are Richer than Ever
- Inside numerous secret prisons in Yemen, the UAE tortures and the U.S. interrogates detainees: Report
- Amazon's Is Trying to Control the Underlying Infrastructure of Our Economy
- Coral Reefs Could Be Gone in 30 Years
- Opinion | Get Cancer Now, Before Congress Cuts Your Insurance
- Five GOP Senators Now Oppose Health Care Bill as Written
- Report: Gerrymandering gave Republicans advantage in House, state elections
- Must Watch: A Real Life Potential Victim Of TrumpCare. Shame On Republicans!
- David Cay Johnston Fires Back At Trumpcare Apologist Avik Roy
- Breaking 200 Year Tradition, Trump Skips WH Ramadan Celebration
- What's Wrong With The Democrats?
- Will The Senate Pass Its Health Care Bill?
CategoriesActivism Arizona Congressional Races Arizona State Legislature AZBlueMeanie Bob Lord Budgets Campaigns Carolyn Classen Civil Rights Commentary Community Congress Constitution Corruption Courts CPMAZ Craig McDermott David Safier Economics Education Election Integrity Elections Ethics GOP War On... Governor Gun Policies Healthcare Immigration International Justice Labor Law Enforcement Legislation Lobbying Media Pamela Powers Hannley Party Politics Political Calendar President Primaries Racism Religion Scandals Taxes Tucson Uncategorized
Tag Archives: World Refugee Day
From their FB page:
World Refugee Day:
We want you to be part of the influential event to celebrate the contributions of new Americans in our communities. Donations will help to honor the courage, strength and determination of the women, men and children that been forced to flee their homes.
Will have culturally food, games and activities, photo booth, and immigration booth, games and prizes.
The entrance is from Alameda Street behind Wells Fargo Bank (though the address is on Stone Ave.). Stop by & welcome these refugees to Tucson, and find our more about their needs/wants.
Join this lively group downtown on the Jacome Plaza outside the Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 101 N. Stone Ave. on June 20.
The plaza is located north of Pennington Street, along Stone Avenue.
Join the WorldFEST JAM live in Tucson, Arizona June 20, 2014. Celebrate World Refugee Day with Refugee Focus Tucson and people from the world on the Jacome Plaza downtown Tucson, Arizona. Wear colors of the world (Rotarians wear your Rotary blue & gold), bring your instruments & drums, bring a group of DANCERS in costumes, proudly wave flags of the world!It’s a FLASH MOB CELEBRATION! Get instructions in advance, be on the Jacome Plaza at 4:30pm, then JAM at exactly 4:45pm.Move, groove, dance your happy dance – WorldFEST JAM will be recorded for broadcast to the WORLD. Get ready – set – JAM!World Percussionist, Richard Noel leads the JAM with members the community and refugee service organizations including: Refugee Focus Tucson, Iskashitaa Refugee Network, The International Rescue Committee in Tucson, Horizons for Refugee Families, Tiarc Aztiarc.