After receiving a joint briefing from health experts, 2020 Democratic Presidential and Vice Presidential Nominees Joe Biden and Kamala Harris called for a three-month national mask mandate.
Biden and Harris were briefed on:
- School reopenings.
- Distribution of a vaccine.
- Racial disparities with COVID 19.
- Continued lack of PPE equipment and testing capacity
Reminding the audience that he has already put forth a comprehensive plan to combat the Coronavirus, the former Vice President said that he wanted to talk about one thing:
“Every single American should be wearing a mask when they’re outside for the next three months at a minimum.”
Biden, saying that the estimates are such a nationwide mandate “could save 40,000 lives” called for “every Governor to mandate mandatory mask-wearing.”
He reminded the people that:
“This is not about your rights, it’s about your responsibilities….wearing a mask is less about you…but it’s about preventing other people from getting sick.”
Saying wearing a mask is key to safely reopening the country including the economy and schools, the former Vice President asked all Americans to be “patriots (and) protect your fellow citizens. Step up and do the right thing.”
He finished his comments by pointing out had Mr. Trump taken the pandemic more seriously and acted a week sooner “would have saved 30,000 lives.” If he had acted two weeks sooner, it might have been “51 or 57,000 lives.”
Senator Harris spoke after Biden and immediately said of Biden’s remarks “That’s what real leadership looks like. We just witnessed real leadership”
The 2020 Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee reminded the viewers that Biden will always do “what is best for the country, best for their health, their well being, and for their families.”
She also outlined what a Biden/Harris Administration would do to combat the pandemic like:
- “Set up a national pandemic testing board.
- Build a public health jobs corp.
- Hire thousands of Americans to lead us through contact tracing.
- Chart a clear path forward for a safe and effective vaccine and guarantee every American equal access to it by investing $25 billion in manufacturing and distribution.”
Harris finished by calling on Americans to ask Trump “When am I going to get vaccinated?”
It would interesting to see what Dr. Birx, Dr. Fauci, and Dr. Redfield think of what the Biden/Harris ticket?
- The General Election Day is on November 3. 2020. Please see the below graphic for all-important voting dates.
- Please check your voter registration at vote.
- Register/sign up for the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) in Arizona or any state that allows early or absentee balloting and mail. Arizona residents can sign up at vote.
- Arizona residents, mail your General Election ballot by October 28, 2020, for the November 3, 2020 election. With recent issues with the Post Office, you should consider mailing them out by October 23, 2020, if not earlier.
- Check-in with the Secretary of State’s office where you live to verify your mail-in ballot was received, processed, verified, and counted.
- Know the voter ID requirements in your state.
- If you can, support Clean Election Candidates with a small contribution.
- Also, please remember to stay informed on all the candidates and vote for all the offices on the ballot.
- Also, remember to research all the ballot initiatives, sign to get them on the ballot if you support the measure, and vote on them as well.