Like the Lincoln Project, the American Bridge PAC does not hold back any punches.
In their latest ad, “McSally: Wrong for Arizona,” the digital ad-makers released clips of when an active duty Martha McSally spoke at an event about women in the military deliberately getting pregnant to avoid military deployment.
McSally then criticized the policy of letting women leave the military if they get pregnant, calling it “ludicrous…you do lose some of your rights while joining the military.”
Please see whole video below.
While McSally is probably on firm ground that women getting pregnant to avoid military service would be wrong if it were true in those situations, her comments that women being able to leave the armed forces when they become pregnant is insensitive and inconsiderate.
Women should be allowed to make choices if they want to leave their job and care for their children.
The military should not be an exception to the rule.
- Primary Election Day is on August 4, 2020, and General Election Day is on November 3. 2020. Please see the below graphic for all-important voting dates.
- Please check your voter registration at vote.
- Register/sign up for the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) in Arizona or any state that allows early or absentee balloting and mail. Arizona residents can sign up at vote.
- Arizona residents, mail your General Election ballot by October 28, 2020, for the November 3, 2020 election.
- Check-in with the Secretary of State’s office where you live to verify your mail-in ballot was received, processed, verified, and counted.
- Know the voter ID requirements in your state.
- If you can, support Clean Election Candidates with a small contribution.
- Also, please remember to stay informed on all the candidates and vote for all the offices on the ballot.
- Also, remember to research all the ballot initiatives, sign to get them on the ballot if you support the measure, and vote on them as well.