Although the elections are on November 3, 2020, Mark Kelly and John Hickenlooper may have won their Senate races on the night of January 29.
Why is that?
Because that is the evening Arizona Senator Coverup Martha McSally and Colorado Senator Coverup Cory Gardner both declared that they would vote to acquit Mr. Trump when the Senate votes on the Articles of Impeachment.
In Ms. Coverup McSally’s case, she issued a series of tweets declaring:
“I have heard enough. It is time to vote….A dangerous precedent will be set if we condone a rushed, partisan House impeachment with no due process that shuts down the Senate for weeks or months to do the House’s work….After two weeks in the Senate, 13 witnesses, and 28,000 pages of evidence, it is time for the Senate to vote and return its focus to the priorities of the American people…”
Mr. Coverup Gardner commented earlier on Tuesday that:
“I do not believe we need to hear from an 18th witness. I have approached every aspect of this grave constitutional duty with the respect and attention required by law, and have reached this decision after carefully weighing the House managers and defense arguments and closely reviewing the evidence from the House, which included well over 100 hours of testimony from 17 witnesses.”
Both Senators will have to explain to their constituents why they:
- Put Trump over the country.
- Preferred fiction over reality.
- Did not want a fair trial like 75 percent of the American People want
- Voted to have the first impeachment trial in history with no witnesses while 75 percent of the American People wanted to see them.
- Allowed themselves to be bullied by the President’s lawyers when they said they would paralyze the Senate in court delays if they attempted to subpoena witnesses.
- Agreed with the Trump defenses team assertion, articulated primarily by Alan Dershowitz, that the President can ask for foreign assistance against his political rival if that Chief Executive feels it serves the public good. THIS, BY THE WAY, IS THE RATIONALE MANY TOTALITARIAN MEGLOMANIACS USE TO JUSTIFY HOW THEY RULE THEIR PEOPLE.
Both Senators will have to explain when they (if they dare) debate Captain Kelly and Governor Hickenlooper why they became willing accessories to a coverup.
The United States, despite Alan Dershowitz’s radical presentations at the trial over the last two days, is not a Monarchy. It is not a dictatorship. It is not a Cult.
The people in Arizona and Colorado need to hold Senators Coverup McSally and Coverup Gardner accountable and show them and the other coconspirators in the Trump Zone that America is a Democratic Republic, not a Banana one.