In its latest and most creative ad, the Lincoln Project successfully parodies the Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales, telling an animated version of the Trump Presidency.
It is called “Fairy Tale” and stars the animated versions of Trump, Putin, McConnell, and Graham.
The ad starts off like any Brother Grimms story.
It talks of a man coming down from his tower to be crowned “the most powerful man on Earth.”
The animated story then quickly devolves into a nightmare where the newly crowned ruler:
- “Gives money to the rich and takes from the poor.”
- “Makes friends with our enemies and enemies of our friends.”
- Lies about the disease “that came upon the land,” lying saying “Fear Not. For it is a hoax and will not harm those who believe in me.” He later says, “as thousands and thousands die,” that “all will disappear with the sip of his magic potion (bleach.)”
- Attacks people with “noxious gases” when the people “cry for help.”
- “Forces children out of their homes and into the plague filled air (to school.)”
The narrator concludes with:
“We’re living in a story as grim as any ever told and the lesson? Vote and send the man back to his tower for good.”
Election Day is in Eight Days.
Heed the moral of the tale and get out and vote.
- The General Election Day is on November 3. 2020. Please see the below graphic for all-important voting dates.
- Please check your voter registration at vote.
- Register/sign up for the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) in Arizona or any state that allows early or absentee balloting and mail. Arizona residents can sign up at vote.
- Arizona residents, mail your General Election ballot by October 27, 2020, for the November 3, 2020 election. With recent issues with the Post Office, you should consider mailing them out by October 23, 2020, if not earlier.
- Check-in with the Secretary of State’s office where you live to verify your mail-in ballot was received, processed, verified, and counted.
- Know the voter ID requirements in your state.
- If you can, support Clean Election Candidates with a small contribution.
- Also, please remember to stay informed on all the candidates and vote for all the offices on the ballot.
- Also, remember to research all the ballot initiatives, sign to get them on the ballot if you support the measure, and vote on them as well.