Most political historians and observers know who Max Cleland is.
A Vietnam War Veteran that lost both legs and an arm while serving, he won a seat to the United States Senate representing Georgia in 1996.
He lost his reelection in 2002 in part because his opponent, Saxby Chambliss, ran a negative ad that many believed, including Chuck Hagel and John McCain, shamefully questioned Cleland’s patriotism.
Fast forward 18 years later and another Senator and war veteran who has lost both legs is being falsely accused of not loving her country.
Tucker Carlson, the Fox Island Commentator who has not served one day in the military, had the nerve to question Senator Tammy Duckworth’s love for the United States, calling her a “moron,” “vandal,” and “coward” because she said in an interview with CNN that there should be a “national dialogue” on the removal of statues of the founding fathers.
Carlson’s comments were shared on Twitter by Mr. “Bone Spurs-Draft Dodger” Donald Trump.
Duckworth, displaying superior intelligence to both “men,” tweeted back at Carlson
Does @TuckerCarlson want to walk a mile in my legs and then tell me whether or not I love America?
— Tammy Duckworth (@SenDuckworth) July 7, 2020
On Friday, July 10, 2020, she wrote an oped further defending her position in the New York Times.
2020 Democratic Presidential Nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden, whose team is vetting Senator Duckworth for the Vice Presidental Nomination, defended her, stating:
“I can’t tell you how I felt today when I heard the president of the United States, Donald Trump, questioning your patriotism. I found it virtually disgusting, sickening. It’s a reflection of the depravity of what’s going on in the White House right now.”
Tucker Carlson and Donald Trump are despicable little microbes.
They should not be allowed to Max Cleland another brave war hero like Senator Tammy Duckworth.
Boycott Tucker Carlson’s show like the advertisers are.
Vote Donald Trump out in November.
- Primary Election Day is on August 4, 2020, and General Election Day is on November 3. 2020. Please see the below graphic for all-important voting dates.
- Please check your voter registration at vote.
- Register/sign up for the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) in Arizona or any state that allows early or absentee balloting and mail. Arizona residents can sign up at vote.
- Arizona residents, mail your General Election ballot by October 28, 2020, for the November 3, 2020 election.
- Check-in with the Secretary of State’s office where you live to verify your mail-in ballot was received, processed, verified, and counted.
- Know the voter ID requirements in your state.
- If you can, support Clean Election Candidates with a small contribution.
- Also, please remember to stay informed on all the candidates and vote for all the offices on the ballot.
- Also, remember to research all the ballot initiatives, sign to get them on the ballot if you support the measure, and vote on them as well.