On December 2, 2019, Regina Romero will be inaugurated as Tucson’s 41st Mayor. As the new Mayor, Ms. Romero will pursue the priorities she championed in her successful campaign.
- Working with stakeholders such as the University of Arizona, business, science, and civic communities in drafting a local climate action and sustainability plan.
- Expanding educational opportunities for Tucson’s children like the afterschool and summer KIDCO Program.
- Revitalizing the cities commercial corridor.
- Improving Tucson’s Infrastructure.
- Creating affordable housing opportunities.
- Keeping Tucson residents safe and secure.
- Promoting equality and respect for all.
To help accomplish these priorities, Mayor-Elect Romero has announced her administrative team. They are:
- Elaine Becherer as Chief of Staff.
- Nate Sigal as Senior Policy Advisor.
- Nathalia Untiveros as Planning and Built Environment Advisor
- Yesenia Lopez as Executive Assistant and Community Liaison
- Génesis Cubillas as Staff Assistant and Community Engagement.
Commenting on her governing team through a press release, Ms. Romero stated that:
“I have selected an experienced team that will work diligently alongside City staff and partner with community stakeholders to implement our shared vision for Tucson. The staff I have chosen reflects the diversity of the issues facing our community and will be prepared to hit the ground running to serve the people of Tucson on day one. Please join me in welcoming our new team to the Mayor’s office.”
Having a solid team in place ready to govern on December 2 will help Mayor-Elect Romero accomplish the goals she embraced in the campaign.
Featured Image from VoteReginaRomero.com