Streetcar Celebration: Destination Downtown will be held on Tuesday, March 25 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm between the Congress and Broadway/6th Avenue stops and the 5th Avenue Streetcar turnaround.
Streetcar Celebration: Destination Downtown is the third of several monthly streetcar celebrations to promote shops, restaurants, and entertainment and cultural attractions along the Sun Link streetcar line, in advance of passenger service in the summer of 2014. Visitors can see one of the new Streetcars up close, enjoy outdoor entertainment, and take advantage of specials and promotions provided by participating businesses.
The event will feature:
- A close-up view of one of Tucson’s new “Made in America” Sun Link modern streetcars, passing by and parked at on 5th Ave. between Congress St. and Broadway Blvd.
- A fabulous raffle of gift certificates from La Fashionista! and Thunder Canyon and other items donated by downtown merchants
- A fashion show at La Fashionista!
- Screening Room –showing short films and offering film festival passes at discount
- Live Music by CS&M Trio and street performers
More information about this event and the various discounts: http://www.streetcarfriends.org/events/. I’ve attended the previous two Streetcar Celebrations – Destination Main Gate (1/15/14) on and Destination 4th Avenue (2/26/14). Each time the Sun Link streetcar was available for viewing up close, plus there were Friends of the Tucson Streetcar tents with information, Streetcar keychains and buttons, and discounts/deals from the respective merchants. LD 9 State Senator Steve Farley has been present at both previous celebrations.
Coming upStreetcar Celebration: Destination Mercado on April 23, 2014.