In the latest episode of “Story Hour,” the Lincoln Project reveals, by reading an excerpt from Mary Trump’s book Too Much and Never Enough that Donald Trump’s mother came to the United States in 1930 via “chain migration.”
The Presenter than points out that, because the future mother of Mr. Trump was a White Anglo Saxon Protestant, she would be allowed entry to the United States “under her son’s Draconian new immigration rules, introduced nearly 90 years later.”
The presenter concludes by saying “That was a heartwarming story. Now, Donald, your own mother was an immigrant. Shame on you.”
The ad successfully shows Mr. Trump’s bigotry toward nonwhite (Anglo Saxon) immigrants and hypocrisy.
Tune in later for another Lincoln Project presentation of “Story Hour.”
- Primary Election Day is on August 4, 2020, and General Election Day is on November 3. 2020. Please see the below graphic for all-important voting dates.
- Please check your voter registration at vote.
- Register/sign up for the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) in Arizona or any state that allows early or absentee balloting and mail. Arizona residents can sign up at vote.
- Arizona residents, mail your General Election ballot by October 28, 2020, for the November 3, 2020 election.
- Check-in with the Secretary of State’s office where you live to verify your mail-in ballot was received, processed, verified, and counted.
- Know the voter ID requirements in your state.
- If you can, support Clean Election Candidates with a small contribution.
- Also, please remember to stay informed on all the candidates and vote for all the offices on the ballot.
- Also, remember to research all the ballot initiatives, sign to get them on the ballot if you support the measure, and vote on them as well.