The Lincoln Project’s latest digital ad, the chilling “How it Starts” could as easily have been a parody of the Sinclair Lewis work “It Can’t Happen Here” with the title “It Is Happening Here.”
What is happening?
Unidentified and uninvited federal troops are, apparently without warrants, harassing, beating, and detaining nonviolent protestors on the streets of Portland.
That is domestic terrorism from the Electoral College elected government of the United States.
The 2016 Popular Vote Loser Trump Administration, led by fringe reactionaries like the Aspiring Duce-the Chief Executive Demagogue and President of Betrayal, Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, Trump Attorney Bill Barr and his acting Black Shirts at Homeland Security (Chad Wolf and Ken Cuccinelli,) are also threatening to take their black shirt squads to other cities led by Democrats (like Chicago or Milwaukee.)
The Lincoln Project ad rightly depicts these actions as “a President out of control” who will resort to any totalitarian measures to stay in power.
“This is how it starts and this is how freedom dies,” the narrator accurately states.
The narrator then calls everyone to action, stating:
“Unless we stand up. Unless we speak out. Unless we demand justice. Register and vote November 3 because if we don’t, we know how it ends.”
The narrator is right.
Now is the time for people to act.
The Trump Zone-Fox Island cultists will not play fair this election.
People who believe in what force of good this country is capable of need to rise up and peacefully use all the tools necessary to fight back this intimidation.
Now is the time for local authorities, if they can, to arrest these uninvited black shirt paramilitary units and take them to court.
Now is the time for the House of Representatives to launch impeachment proceedings into Bill Barr and the thugs at Homeland Security.
Now is the time to get out and vote.
November 3 is only 106 days away.
Do your part and end this dark age for our country so “It won’t happen here” anymore.
- Primary Election Day is on August 4, 2020, and General Election Day is on November 3. 2020. Please see the below graphic for all-important voting dates.
- Please check your voter registration at vote.
- Register/sign up for the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) in Arizona or any state that allows early or absentee balloting and mail. Arizona residents can sign up at vote.
- Arizona residents, mail your General Election ballot by October 28, 2020, for the November 3, 2020 election.
- Check-in with the Secretary of State’s office where you live to verify your mail-in ballot was received, processed, verified, and counted.
- Know the voter ID requirements in your state.
- If you can, support Clean Election Candidates with a small contribution.
- Also, please remember to stay informed on all the candidates and vote for all the offices on the ballot.
- Also, remember to research all the ballot initiatives, sign to get them on the ballot if you support the measure, and vote on them as well.