The Popular Vote Loser is apparently going to announce a National Emergency on February 15, 2019, with regards to the flow of illegal immigrants crossing the Southern Border so he can take funds from other departments (Defense for example) in order to build his antiquated wall.
Never mind that there are greater risks at our Northern Border and ports of entry for illegal aliens that are considered potential terror suspects and drug trafficking. There is a greater case to be made for declaring a National Emergency in those locations than at our Southern Border. Someone needs to tell the KKK endorsed candidate that a criminal is not always Hispanic. All he has to do is look at all the people in his 2016 campaign that are on their way to jail to realize that.
There are other problems that can justifiably be determined to be a national emergency. These include:
- Our crumbling infrastructure (roads, airports, railways, shipping, and public schools)
- Addressing climate change and mass producing cleaner forms of energy.
- Our growing (thanks to Republican-Trumpist fiscal policies over the last 38 years) national debt.
- Protecting our Democracy from cyber attacks and Fascist-Authoritarian sympathizers.
- The high level of children in poverty and homelessness.
- The opioid crisis hurting our most vulnerable.
- As Speaker Pelosi indicated yesterday, mass shootings across the country, including our schools.
With the precedent Mr. Trump will set tomorrow and if this move survives the lawsuits that will inevitably arise from this action, his Democratic successor in 2021 should declare a national emergency on all these areas and take care of the real problems facing this nation as well as maintaining border security with modern methods and highly trained personnel on our southern, northern, eastern, and western boundaries.