It is amazing how the mainstream media like CNN appeared to be focusing on vulnerable Democrats following their vote supporting the impeachment inquiry on October 31?
Since when does defending the Constitution and investigating the current White House occupant for potential high crimes based on real charges and evidence make a Democratic Moderate House Member vulnerable?
Since when are Democrats vulnerable for supporting an inquiry a majority of the country supports.
The Press should also be focusing on the Republicans who voted like cult followers not to support this inquiry.
The Press should be continually questioning Republicans when they leave Fox Island on how can they:
- Be against the process when they are allowed to participate in it?
- Be against public hearings that have more protections for the White House than those for Nixon and Clinton?
- Refute the substance of the charges against Mr. Trump?
- Counter the testimonies of all these witnesses that are essentially relaying virtually the same account of events?
- Not allow any of the Democratic legislative bills from the House (like election security) to be considered in the Senate?
- Think Bill Clinton was worthy of impeachment when the current Popular Vote Loser’s acts are far graver?
Reminding the people that Republican defenses of Trump are just as solid as Trump’s border walls that are being sawed through should be done every day so American citizens do not forget the truth.
Democrats should continue to produce ads against every Republican candidate, including vulnerable ones like Susan Collins, Joni Earnst, Martha McSally, Corey Gardner, and Tom Tillis, asking where they stood when Individual One broke his oath of office when he tried to coerce a foreign government to go after a political rival.
They should put out ads against Jello Lindsey Graham, John Cornyn, and Moscow Mitch McConnell asking what part of Trump’s 13,000 lies, being indicted as an unnamed coconspirator, ten reported counts of potential obstruction of justice in the Mueller Report, ignoring of the Emoluments Clause, and pressuring Ukraine do they not get with the headline: HOW STUPID ARE YOU?
Republicans should learn the lessons of history, as the Washington Post’s David Greenberg wrote on October 31 in his article “When should Republicans Jump Ship?” They would do well to remember that most die-hard supporters of Nixon did not fare well politically after he resigned.
The press should remember that to and should focus on Republicans who are on the wrong side of history, reality, and truth.