Posted by AzBlueMeanie:
A series of events will commemorate the mass shooting tragedy in Tucson on Jan. 8, 2011. The activities scheduled from Saturday to Tuesday will mark the second anniversary of the shooting spree that left six dead and 13 injured, including then-U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. 'Beyond Tucson' events will begin on Saturday:
• The second annual Beyond Tucson event is scheduled for Jan. 5. A list of events is available at www.beyond-tucson.org
• Donations to the Remembering January 8th Memorial Foundation and ideas about a permanent memorial may be sent to P.O. Box 40355, Tucson, AZ 85717-3055
Bike, hike, ride or run on Saturday
• Kidical Mass Family Friendly Bicycle Ride – southwest corner of Armory Park, 220 S. Sixth Ave. Noon-1 p.m.
• Beyond Main Event: Together We Move! – Armory Park, Children's Museum. Noon-4 p.m.
• Beyond Lights of Kindness Stroll – Valley of the Moon, 2544 E. Allen Road. 2-4 p.m.
• Hike the Arizona Trail, Passage No. 13 – south side Chase Bank at Oracle and Magee roads. 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Coronado National Forest – Hike or Run Beyond at Sabino Canyon – 5700 N. Sabino Canyon Road. 7 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Day of Discovery & Colossal Cave Mountain Park – 16721 E. Old Spanish Trail, Vail. 7:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
• Stroll and Roll at Christina-Taylor Green Memorial Linear; meet at Magee and Shannon roads. 8-11 a.m.
• Gabe Zimmerman Davidson Canyon trailhead Hike/Ride – Gabe Zimmerman Trailhead parking lot. 8:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
• Oro Valley Hikes Catalina State Park in Remembrance – 11570 N. Oracle Road. 8:30 a.m.-noon.
• Town of Marana Wild Burro Trial Hike – 14810 N. Secret Springs Drive, Marana. 8:30-11 a.m.
• 5 Mile Social Run at Saguaro National Park West – 2700 N. Kinney Road. 8:30-10:30 a.m.
• Horseback Ride with County Line Riders – Catalina State Park main trailhead parking area. 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• Beyond at La Posada at Park Centre, Green Valley – 350 E. Morningside Road. 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Beyond at Quincie Douglas Park – 1575 E. 36th St. 10 a.m.-noon
• National Park Service Walk on the Historic Anza Trail – 255 N. Commerce Park Loop. 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Grand Opening Celebration for The Teal Saguaro – 5395 E. Erickson Drive. 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Meet me at Maynards Walk/Run … at Armory Park! – northwest corner of Armory Park. 3-5 p.m.
An interfaith prayer service and a communitywide remembrance bell ringing at 10:10 a.m. on Tuesday.