At the Congressional District (CD) Eight Debate last night (October 5, 2020,) Democratic Nominee Michael Muscato made a passing reference to CD Five incumbent Andy Biggs, calling him a “Fake Doctor” for his outrageous views (like not wearing masks for example) on how not to combat the Coronavirus Pandemic.
The Freedom Circ…Caucus Chairperson lived up to Mr. Muscato’s designation last week after Mr. Trump and his wife was diagnosed with the COVID 19. In a tweet wishing the First Family well, Mr. Biggs encouraged the Trumps to take the scientifically and medically unreliable Hydroxychloroquine as a treatment.
I encourage them to take hydroxychloroquine to assist with their recoveries, & I am confident that they will be resuming their normal routines in the very near future. pic.twitter.com/LFxIWwvjo5
— Rep Andy Biggs (@RepAndyBiggsAZ) October 2, 2020
Fortunately, Trump’s physicians are ignoring Dr. Biggs and giving him, despite the Stable Genius’s best attempts to circumvent their protocols, the medical treatment befitting his position.
Joan Greene, the Democratic Nominee in CD Five looking to retire Biggs in the November Elections, issued a statement to her social media followers, commenting:
“For months, Rep. Andy Biggs has minimized the threat of COVID-19. He asked Trump to disband the national COVID-19 task force, he has ridiculed masks, and he has continued to promote unproven remedies.”
“So what did he do when Trump was diagnosed? Rep. Biggs doubled down on his dangerous messaging.”
“A staunch Trump supporter and the leader of the radical right Freedom Caucus, Andy Biggs released a video praising Trump’s work to reduce the risk of infection, and he recommended the president and first lady take hydroxychloroquine.”
“Biggs does not have any medical training, yet he continues to use his office and position to further a false narrative that puts our lives at risk.”
“He’s the most extreme member of Congress today, and our fight to unseat him in the battleground state of Arizona is gaining traction.”
Please click here to see all the Blog for Arizona articles on how Mr. Biggs has misrepresented the people in his district and Arizona.
The people in CD Five deserve a representative that will speak scientific truth to them and not fringe dogma fantasy.
Joan Greene is that person.
Mr. Biggs has proven he is not.
- The General Election Day is on November 3. 2020. Please see the below graphic for all-important voting dates.
- Please check your voter registration at vote.
- Register/sign up for the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) in Arizona or any state that allows early or absentee balloting and mail. Arizona residents can sign up at vote.
- Arizona residents, mail your General Election ballot by October 27, 2020, for the November 3, 2020 election. With recent issues with the Post Office, you should consider mailing them out by October 23, 2020, if not earlier.
- Check-in with the Secretary of State’s office where you live to verify your mail-in ballot was received, processed, verified, and counted.
- Know the voter ID requirements in your state.
- If you can, support Clean Election Candidates with a small contribution.
- Also, please remember to stay informed on all the candidates and vote for all the offices on the ballot.
- Also, remember to research all the ballot initiatives, sign to get them on the ballot if you support the measure, and vote on them as well.