Hecklers have been harrassing volunteers collecting signatures for the Stop Voucher Expansion petitions at libraries & business locations. They carry signs that say “Decline to Sign.”
“I never in all the years that we have been working on initiative campaigns have we ever seen a coordinated effort like this. We usually see it in lawsuits after being successful,” said Tamar Rala Kreiswirth of The AZ Ground Game (TAGG).
So, who is behind the opposition to the Stop Universal Vouchers initiative?
The Goldwater Institute (pays for the DeclineToSign.com website) and Betsy Devos’ group, American Federation for Children pays for Power2Parents.org. Their harassers are:
- Disrupting signature sites.
- Calling local businesses that have historically welcomed our petition circulators.
- Contacting them to provide the location of the signature gatherer if they see one.
- Taking a photo if a petition is left unattended. You must be present to witness each signature!
- Taking photos of the petitions and checking to see that the petitions have the dates correct, have been checked volunteer and have the county names written on the page.
Please, please drive to a petition signing location this weekend to sign the petition.
Why must we repeal this bill? The simple reason is that this will decimate our Public School system. How? click here for more info
We have until mid-September to sign.
The easiest way you can help: Send an email blast and encourage your friends to sign. Forward this email.
If we don’t stop this and the Voucher Expansion becomes law, it is basically the last step to undermining public education in our country. AZ is the test site for this legislation.
From Save our Schools:
Tucson volunteers are hard at work to Stop Voucher Expansion — let’s help get them over the finish line!
If you haven’t signed yet, there is no time to waste: we now have just 42 days to turn in 118,823 valid signatures and stop the wholesale dismantling of public education in Arizona.
This weekend is the August Signature Slam Weekend! Volunteers are adding more signing locations every day. Sign and return at the locations below, or find a hub near you at teamsosarizona.com