While Donald Trump and his cult enablers play Dr. Death and Dr. Doom with the country either by:
- Peddling miracle drugs with little to no health benefits for patients (AZ Blue Meanie just wrote a piece on the Stable Genius taking hydroxychloroquine,)
- Ignoring the advice of scientific and medical experts by potentially reopening the economy prematurely,
- Destroying accountability by firing inspector generals because they choose to follow their job description at being independent of Individual One and his appointees like Secretary of State Pompeo,
- Engaging in baseless conspiracy theories and feeding this lying fecal matter to their base. Check out this blatantly false email sent by the Liar in Chief’s reelection team:
- Working to take away health care from millions during a health pandemic.
- Sitting on their reactionary tuchus by not passing vital legislation to aid states and local governments (including tribal communities) and help distressed groups like essential workers,
- Encouraging fringe domestic terrorists to protest stay at home proclamations and voter suppression efforts in the coming elections,
Joe Biden and the Democrats have been acting responsibly during the public health emergency and planning for tomorrow.
The Democrats in Congress
The House of Representatives led by Nancy Pelosi, over Republican objections, passed a measure that will allow Congressional Representatives to vote remotely. Now members can social distance and vote safely
Welcome to the Twenty-First Century.
The House of Representatives led by Nancy Pelosi, over Republican objections, secured a three trillion dollar stimulus measure that would:
- “More aid to state and local governments which includes “$500 billion for states, $375 billion for local governments, $20 billion for tribal communities, and another $20 billion for territories like Puerto Rico, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands.”
- Another round of direct payments to individuals ($1200 for a single person, $2400 for married couples and $1200 each for up to three dependents.)
- $200 Billion in Hazard Pay for Essential Employees.
- Additional Funding for Coronavirus testing and tracking.
- Extended unemployment insurance past July when the current extension runs out.
- Greater Aid for small businesses.
- Expanding SNAP-Food Stamp eligibility and payments.
- Funding election security and vote by mail.
- Provision of $25 billion for the Post Office.
- Nine months of COBRA health care payments for people laid off work.”
Again, where are the Republicans?
Joe Biden planning for Tomorrow
Joe Biden, unlike his potential predecessor, will approve of campaign literature like the Timeline ad or the Trump deflects the truth ad that is fact-based and accurate.
Donald Trump can deflect and shift blame all he wants, but the hard truth is he failed to protect our nation from the worst public health and economic crisis in our lifetime. pic.twitter.com/5kHQnJrK2a
— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) May 14, 2020
Joe Biden, unlike his potential predecessor, is, along with Bernie Sanders, is bringing the Democratic Party back together again and steering it in a forward direction.
Joe Biden, unlike his potential predecessor, is going to have a progressive-minded female Vice President.
Joe Biden, unlike his potential predecessor, is going to nominate an African American woman to the Supreme Court. One wonders if this is Senator Kamala Harris’s eventual destination.
Joe Biden, unlike his potential predecessor, has had agreeable discussions with Governors on the need for greater federal assistance and coordination. Please see the May 14, 2020 video below of the former Vice President talking with Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer (a potential Vice President Candidate,) Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont, and New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy.
Joe Biden, unlike his potential predecessor, has issued numerous plans to build on Obamacare. Please click on this link here to read how the former Vice President hopes to improve health care access and affordability for American Citizens. These ideas include:
- Reopening the health care markets for people displaced by the pandemic.
- A health care public option on the marketplace.
- Reducing the Medicare eligibility age to 60.
Joe Biden, unlike his potential predecessor, would expand the modernization of the American Voting System. Please view the Facebook Posting from May 18, 2020.
- “A stronger, inclusive Middle Class.”
- Increasing the pay of Hazard and Essential Workers.
- Ensuring people have paid sick leave and childcare.
- Employment insurance instead of Unemployment insurance.
- Employing millions to make a new Green Economy.
- Producing the materials necessary in the United States to fight the pandemic.
- Having an education system that prepares students for success.
- Encourage the growth of unionization and collective bargaining.
- Protecting worker safety and retirement plans.
- Stop pollution dumping efforts in minority communities.
Please view the below video to see the former Vice President present his ideas for the country.
Other Democrats and activist groups, who are vocal supporters of Biden like Senator Elizabeth Warren, former Chicago Mayor and White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, the journalists at Vox, and the think tank Third Way, have offered plans and suggestions for revitalizing and rebuilding the country.
The Democratic Party, led now by Joe Biden, is clearly the party thinking about tomorrow and pursuing an inclusive agenda that moves the country forward.
That can not be said about the Cult of Trump.
Please remember to:
Turn out and vote on August 4, 2020, and November 3, 2020.
Register/sign up for the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) in Arizona or any state that allows early or absentee balloting and mail. Arizona residents can sign up at servicearizona.com
Arizona residents, mail your General Election ballot by October 28, 2020, for the November 3, 2020 election.
Check-in with the Secretary of State’s office where you live to verify your mail-in ballot was received, processed, verified, and counted.
Know the voter ID requirements in your state.
If you can, support Clean Election Candidates with a small contribution.
Also, please remember to stay informed on all the candidates and vote for all the offices on the ballot.
Also, remember to research all the ballot initiatives, sign to get them on the ballot if you support the measure, and vote on them as well.
Remember Primary Election Day is on August 4, 2020, and General Election Day is on November 3. 2020.