Posted by AzBlueMeanie:
Press release from the Giffords for Congress campaign:
Tucson, Ariz. – Today, Giffords for Congress is releasing a new TV ad, “Her Heart is with Small Business.” The ad features Southern Arizona small business owner Dot Kret discussing Gabrielle’s strong support for small business.
“She could relate to what I was going through as a small business owner,” Kret says. “Because Congresswoman Giffords did run a business, her heart is with small business.”,/p>
The ad begins airing [Monday] night in the Tucson media market.
A former small business owner herself, Gabrielle knows the challenges facing Southern Arizonans firsthand. She has a strong record of supporting small businesses and is working hard to put Southern Arizona’s economy back on track:
• She voted for tax cuts to small business owners to help them afford the cost of operating their business.
• She helped pushed through the HIRE Act to cut taxes for businesses that hire unemployed workers, creating new jobs and helping small businesses expand.
• She authored the Solar Manufacturing Advancement Act, which provides a 30 percent tax credit for investments in plants or machinery to manufacture renewable energy technologies.
• The first-ever “solar census” released last week shows that the solar industry is responsible for 3,800 jobs in Arizona and our state is first in the country for potential solar job growth.
• She sponsored the Solar Technology Roadmap Act that that serves as a guide for solar research and authorizes $2.5 billion for the Department of Energy Solar Energy Technology program.