In this 9/1/18 interview on the John C. Scott Show broadcast on KVOI 1030 AM, Blog for Arizona writer Larry Bodine reveals his insights about the August 28 Arizona primary races.
- Who turned out to vote in the primary election? Was it Millennials and Latinos?
- Astonishingly, 100,000 people voted for a convicted racist crook.
- Did the GOP or the Democrats turn out in bigger numbers in the primaries?
- Lea Marquez Peterson had an extremely weak showing against a political nobody. Tucson is a bright spot for Democrats.
- Why Ann Kirkpatrick’s attack ads were more effective than Matt Heinz’s. And now her support from Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) is kicking in.
- How close will the Kyrsten Sinema vs. Martha McSally race be for US Senate? Guess where McSally’s base of support is, compared with Sinema’s. Who is Sinema’s $1.1 million supporter?
- The nation is watching the Governor’s race: There was a “no” vote by Republicans against Gov. Ducey, who facing David Garcia’s 6,000 volunteers who knocked on 40,000 doors and contacted 400,000 voters.
- The Trump effect: what Steve Bannon said.
- Democrats can take comfort in three of the worst public officials who lost their primaries.