Senator Vince Leach of Oro Valley distinguished himself as one of the Worst Legislators in Arizona. A Republican, Leach is running for re-election to the Arizona State Senate to represent District 17. Men like Leach should be vilified and voted out of office now.
Leach’s voting record on gun bills has been appalling.
• Leach voted YES on a bill that eases the automatic restoration of firearm possession rights after people get out of prison.
• Leach voted YES on a bill that forces Arizona colleges and universities to allow permit holders to carry concealed guns on campuses.
• Leach voted YES on a bill that bans registration and buyback laws, bans taxes on firearms and gun equipment, and preemptively prohibits any bans of assault weapons, ammunition & bump stocks.
• Leach voted YES on a bill that allows a property owner to use physical or deadly force if they believe it is immediately necessary to prevent criminal damage to their property.
• Leach voted YES on a bill that allows parents to bypass gun-free zones at public schools and keep loaded and unlocked weapons within reach in their cars while dropping off and picking up children.
• Leach voted YES on a bill that would require public schools to provide students with firearms training between grades 6 & 12.
• Leach voted YES on a bill allowing people with concealed permits to bring guns into libraries, community centers, public pools, state museums, the DMV, government offices, block parties, marches, and street fairs.
• Leach voted YES on a bill prohibiting banks from discriminating against firearm manufacturers and dealers.
Leach is spearheading the effort to ban drag shows as part of the Republican’s culture war against transgender youth.
What will Republicans do about their members who were part of Harvard’s Hasty Pudding Club which is notorious for their men in drag? Should we search Harvard yearbooks to determine if any of the 14 Republican Harvard graduates in Congress ever dressed in drag? We know disgraced Republican Congressman Madison Cawthorn favored women’s lingerie. What should be done with them?
What will voters do about all the movies where men dress as women? Will they punish the actors? More than 50 films feature men dressed in drag, including Some Like It Hot, The Nutty Professor, Mrs. Doubtfire, Psycho, Silence of the Lambs, and Tootsie.
Republicans will also have to ban Shakespeare. During Shakespeare’s time, men played all the roles. Modern female actors disguise themselves as men in plays such as The Merchant of Venice and As You Like It.
Oh, dear! Will women who prefer wearing slacks not be allowed to teach? Practice law? Provide health services? Serve food?
Who will they attack next? Men like Leach should be vilified and voted out of office now! To paraphrase Pastor Martin Niemölle: