Arizona Legislative District (LD) 20 (an area that includes parts of Phoenix, Moon Valley, and Glendale) presents excellent pickup opportunities for the Democrats in the State House and State Senate.
On August 17, 2020, both Schwiebert and Ervin participated in the Clean Elections sponsored debate for district candidates.
Only one of the Republicans, Anthony Kearn, chose to appear at the event.
The other two Republican candidates, Shawnna Bolick (House) and Paul Boyer (Senate) chose not to attend.
For that reason alone, the people should not reward them with a return to the State Legislature.
To view the debate, please click on the YouTube link below:
After the debate, the two Democrats offered their view of the event.
Ms. Schwiebert commented:
“I always welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues important to our community. I’m glad that people in LD 20 were able to submit questions so we could address the issues they care about. The result is an interesting conversation that I hope helps voters make their decision.”
Mr. Ervin wrote:
“I was happy to participate in the Clean Elections debate as I believe it is important that candidates and elected officials be available to listen to people in our community and better understand the issues important to them. It is unfortunate that my opponent chose not to attend.”
- The General Election Day is on November 3. 2020. Please see the below graphic for all-important voting dates.
- Please check your voter registration at vote.
- Register/sign up for the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) in Arizona or any state that allows early or absentee balloting and mail. Arizona residents can sign up at vote.
- Arizona residents, mail your General Election ballot by October 27, 2020, for the November 3, 2020 election. With recent issues with the Post Office, you should consider mailing them out by October 23, 2020, if not earlier.
- Check-in with the Secretary of State’s office where you live to verify your mail-in ballot was received, processed, verified, and counted.
- Know the voter ID requirements in your state.
- If you can, support Clean Election Candidates with a small contribution.
- Also, please remember to stay informed on all the candidates and vote for all the offices on the ballot.
- Also, remember to research all the ballot initiatives, sign to get them on the ballot if you support the measure, and vote on them as well.