This afternoon, Donald Trump, the aspiring American Duce, made a brief statement in the White House Rose Garden, threatening to invoke a 210-year-old law to turn the military loose on the American People, if State Governors did not fully activate their national guard units to stop protests that have proceeded every day since the tragic death of Georg Floyd on May 25, 2020.
This occurred after an earlier phone conversation with the Nation’s Governors where the Mad King railed against their efforts to stop the protestors.
After making his Rose Garden statement, the President, perhaps actually remembering what his idols Douglas MacArthur and George Patton (Eisenhower was there too,) did to Bonus Army protestors (they were called communists and anarchists too like today’s protestors) marching on Depression Era Washington for their pay in 1932 (please see video below,) ordered his forces to tear gas and shoot rubber bullets at innocent protestors so they would leave the area by St. John’s Episcopal Church so he could walk there with his all-white team and have a photo op, holding up a Bible to appeal to his fringe white evangelical base.
Watching CNN, Jeffrey Tobin, the networks legal analyst, said the President can not order federal troops to mass against Americans in the 50 states unless the state governors ask him too.
Governors J.B. Pritzer of Illinois and New York’s Andrew Cuomo have appeared on the Erin Burnett CNN show this hour, condemning the Presidents actions on innocent Americans, confirmed his unhinged behavior in the earlier phone call with the other Governors, and said they will not be asking him to send federal troops to their states.
All Americans should worry about the events that have taken place on the afternoon of June 1, 2020.
An American President ordered his military/police forces to tear gas innocent people so he could hold up a Bible at a Church with his all-white political team.
If Mike Pence and the rest of the Administration do not see fit to invoke the 25th Amendment for Mr. Trump’s clear unfitness to lead the country, then the voters need to turn out on November 3, 2020, and end the Mad Kings Reign of Division and Gross Incompetence.
Voters can not stand by and let it fully happen here.
Herbert Hoover, the President of the United States who turned MacArthur loose on the Bonus Army in 1932, was condemned for his actions and lost reelection to Franklin Delano Roosevelt that year. Roosevelt who criticized Hoover for not meeting the Bonus Marchers, reportedly said: “Well, this will elect me.”
People should hope and pray that history repeats itself again in 2020.
- Primary Election Day is on August 4, 2020, and General Election Day is on November 3. 2020. Please see the below graphic for all-important voting dates.
- Please check your voter registration at myarizona.vote.
- Register/sign up for the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) in Arizona or any state that allows early or absentee balloting and mail. Arizona residents can sign up at myarizona.vote.
- Arizona residents, mail your General Election ballot by October 28, 2020, for the November 3, 2020 election.
- Check-in with the Secretary of State’s office where you live to verify your mail-in ballot was received, processed, verified, and counted.
- Know the voter ID requirements in your state.
- If you can, support Clean Election Candidates with a small contribution.
- Also, please remember to stay informed on all the candidates and vote for all the offices on the ballot.
- Also, remember to research all the ballot initiatives, sign to get them on the ballot if you support the measure, and vote on them as well.