Did you know that in 2013 Tucson ranked #1 (and won) in the National Mayor’s Challenge for Water Conservation? Someone named Ivan M. in Tucson received the grand prize of a 2013 Toyota Prius car. Others won lots of great prizes. There are 5 city categories based on population, and Tucson won in the 300,000 to 599,999 category. Last year we placed #2.
Tucson has been 1st, 2nd, and 2nd in the previous years of the National Mayor’s Challenge.
So, all you have to do is pledge to conserve water in the month of April and see where we end up in 2016. Here’s the website for the Wyland Foundation water pledge:
There’s a link on the top for “City Standings” so you can see how Tucson, Arizona is doing. We are currently again in 2nd place, behind Aurora, Colorado. One year we lost out to Corpus Christi, Texas. Tell your family & friends to pledge too.
- If your city wins and you choose to enter the prize drawing, you are eligible to win one of the following prizes:
- Grand Prize: All-new 2016 Toyota Prius
- $1000 Shopping Spree at a Home Improvement Store
- 50 Greening Your Cleaning Gift Baskets from Earth Friendly Products (ECOS)
- 50 Toro® XTRA SMART™ ECŸXTRA™ Landscape Timer & Wireless Weather Sensor
- 50 Cree 6-Pack Dimmable (84% less energy) LED Light Bulbs
- 50 Avex Brazos Autoseal® Water Bottle (Set of 2)
- 25 EcoFlow® Showerheads from Waterpik