Mel Brooks, the comic writer and director who brought audiences Get Smart, the Producers, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety, Space Balls, and The Elephant Man (really, no joke here) has come out and endorsed Joe Biden for President.
Please view the below Twitter Post put forth by Brooks son Max.
— Max Brooks (@maxbrooksauthor) October 21, 2020
Apparently, this is the comic legends first foray into politics publicly.
In the video, Mr. Brooks stated:
“I’m Mel Brooks and behind me, you see my son and my grandson. And they can’t be with me. Why? Because of this Coronavirus. And Donald Trump is not doing a damned thing about it. So many people have died. And when you’re dead, you can’t do much. So I’m voting for Joe Biden. I like Joe. Why do I like Joe? I like Joe because Joe likes facts. Because Joe likes science. Joe will keep us going. Take a tip from me. Vote for Joe. Okay. That’s all I gotta say. Okay, you can leave. I gotta fill out my ballot.”
It is a testament to our times that one of the great comic figures of the last century does not think this election is a joking matter to not take seriously.
Follow Mel Brooks’s example.
Take this election seriously.
Get out and vote. There is still time to vote early. Do not wait until the last minute if you can help it.
- The General Election Day is on November 3. 2020. Please see the below graphic for all-important voting dates.
- Please check your voter registration at vote.
- Register/sign up for the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) in Arizona or any state that allows early or absentee balloting and mail. Arizona residents can sign up at vote.
- Arizona residents, mail your General Election ballot by October 27, 2020, for the November 3, 2020 election. With recent issues with the Post Office, you should consider mailing them out by October 23, 2020, if not earlier.
- Check-in with the Secretary of State’s office where you live to verify your mail-in ballot was received, processed, verified, and counted.
- Know the voter ID requirements in your state.
- If you can, support Clean Election Candidates with a small contribution.
- Also, please remember to stay informed on all the candidates and vote for all the offices on the ballot.
- Also, remember to research all the ballot initiatives, sign to get them on the ballot if you support the measure, and vote on them as well.