By Michael Bryan
First, some video. Former Reagan Budget Director Stockman warns that the Trump economy is not nearly as strong as it might seem and Trump’s policies are making it worse:
Now some graphical goodness showing just how unbalanced in favor of the wealthy the GOP tax cut was, and how much worse it grows over time:
Next, the book everyone will be talking about this week and next:
Now, just click Continue Reading for the rest of the Feed…
- Sharon Bronson of the Pima County Board of Supervisors expresses doubt about continuing to take Stonegarden funds; the BoS then voted 3:1 to terminate the grant program: Tucson Sentinel.
- Paul Cunningham, Tucson City Councilman, rips the AZ lege on the new law requiring strict compliance with the law for ballot initiatives: Tucson Sentinel.
- Anita Malik will face incumbent David Schweikert in CD 6 this November: ABC15.
- The Rogue Columnist takes on McCain’s actual legacy through a local Phoenician’s lens: Rogue Columnist.
- AZ AG Mark Brnovich calls for new legislation for oversight of financial impropriety in AZ’s charter schools, says he “can’t believe it’s not a crime” to use taxpayer money in the way some have: AZCentral.
- Amy Siskind documents the outrages of Week 94 of the Orange Menace in the White House: Medium.
- California passes the nation’s toughest net neutrality legislation, countering the FCC’s scrapping of neutrality rules: Truth Dig.
- Active Measures, the new film about Trump and Russia, opens around the country – reviewed by the NYT: NYT.
- Registered voters favor the Democratic candidate over the Republican nominee in their own district, 52% to 38%, a 14-point gap, according to a ABC News-Washington Post poll.
- Republicans are engaged in a massive cover-up of Kavanaugh’s White House papers, meanwhile, Kavanaugh is historically unpopular with American voters, especially women: Daily Kos.
- Trump’s latest attack on the Justice Department is over indictments of sitting GOP Congressmen (NYT) for corruption, who also happen to be Trump’s earliest supporters (CNN); some say the tweet itself is evidence of an impeachable offense (Crooks & Liars): CNN.
- Does the Left need a new foreign policy model?: Foreign Affairs.