Posted by AzBlueMeanie:
A reminder to those of you who are Democratic elected precinct committee persons in Legislative District 2 living in Pima County: the special election to nominate three individuals to the Pima County Board of Supervisors to replace retiring Sen. Linda Lopez is this Saturday.
The January 18 meeting will be held in the second-floor meeting room of the DCSRA Headquarters, Continental Shopping Plaza, 240 W. Continental Road (exit 63) in Green Valley. Check in begins at 9:30 a.m. The meeting is open to the public.
The Chairman of the Arizona Democratic Party, Bill Roe, will oversee the special election.
According to the Arizona Daily Star (and you may know better) the potential candidates include:
- Rep. Andrea Dalessandro, D-Sahuarita
- Former state lawmaker Tom Prezelski
- Former Tucson Unified School District Governing Board member Miguel Cuevas
- Demion Clinco, president of the Tucson Historic Preservation Foundation
- Annabelle Nuñez, an associate librarian with the Arizona Health Sciences Library at the University of Arizona
The reality is that whichever nominee has the support of the three Democrats on the Pima County Board of Supervisors will be the next senator from LD 2. That will be decided at the Board's next regular meeting on Tuesday, January 21. If you want to lobby on behalf of a nominee, the Democratic supervisors are whom you need to call.