“The discussion will cover
- Campus organizing and its successes against some of the academic centers that the Koch donor network has insinuated into hundreds of colleges and universities around the U.S.;
- The intrusion by the UA Freedom Center of biased economics courses into high schools in Arizona, notably in Tucson;
- The recent expansion of the Freedom Center’s beachhead at UA into a freestanding academic department, called the “Department of Political Economy and Moral Science;”
- The Koch donor network’s longstanding project to subvert democracy in this country.
As Prof. Nancy MacLean explained in her appearances at the Tucson Festival of Books on 3/11/18 and in a subsequent lecture sponsored by the UA History Department on 3/12, our country is in grave danger. The UA Freedom Center and its activities are one small part of the far-right libertarian effort to win by stealth what they have been unable to win at the ballot box. Come to the discussion on 4/3 and learn more about the local Freedom Center, the Koch donor network, and the threat that they constitute to all but the super-rich in our land.”
Prof. David Gibbs will be the moderator, and the four panelists will be as follows:
- David Gibbs, Professor of History, moderator
- Samantha Parsons, UnKoch My Campus, Grassroots Campaign Strategist
- David Safier, a regular contributor to Tucson Weekly
- Douglas Weiner, Professor of History
- Jeremy Vetter, Associate Professor of History
For further info call 520-323-0555.