Maricopa County Democratic Party Chairperson Steven Slugocki hosted a candidate forum for the four Democrats running for the party’s nomination to run against ethically embattled-town hall adverse incumbent David Schweikert in Congressional District (CD) Six.
The four candidates are (alphabetically:)
- Karl Gentles.
- Anita Malik (the 2018 Democratic Nominee for CD Six.)
- Stephanie Rimmer.
- Dr. Hiral Tipirneni (the 2018 Democratic Nominee for CD Eight.)
Most political pundits see Congressional District Six, with its changing demographics and Mr. Schweikert facing ethical inquiries as a major pickup opportunity for Democrats.
Commenting on hosting the forum, Chairperson Slugocki wrote:
“We are proud to do this forum with our four great candidates. They each have unique strengths and we are excited to present them to the voters of CD Six. We are confident whoever wins the primary will win in November and represent District Six much better than Schweikert ever has. We hope the voters will enjoy this forum and we look forward to winning together in November!”
During the forum each candidate discussed:
- Their qualifications and reasons for running for Congress.
- How they would handle assisting small businesses and individuals during the Coronavirus.
- What they would do to combat climate change.
- How they would make health care more accessible and affordable.
- The most important issues facing CD Six.
Please see the video below to see the four candidates discuss the issues facing CD Six, Arizona, and the nation.
- Primary Election Day is on August 4, 2020, and General Election Day is on November 3. 2020. Please see the below graphic for all-important voting dates.
- Please check your voter registration at vote.
- Register/sign up for the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) in Arizona or any state that allows early or absentee balloting and mail. Arizona residents can sign up at vote.
- Arizona residents, mail your General Election ballot by October 28, 2020, for the November 3, 2020 election.
- Check-in with the Secretary of State’s office where you live to verify your mail-in ballot was received, processed, verified, and counted.
- Know the voter ID requirements in your state.
- If you can, support Clean Election Candidates with a small contribution.
- Also, please remember to stay informed on all the candidates and vote for all the offices on the ballot.
- Also, remember to research all the ballot initiatives, sign to get them on the ballot if you support the measure, and vote on them as well.